Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Latest

It is 60 degrees in January!
We have been light on school work and heavier on outside time today.  There's been a stomach bug making its way around the family over the past week but today everyone feels good.  It's nice to see Sam smiling and doing rolls and flips around the house (his current method of transporting himself)  instead of laying in bed looking pitiful.

I never did much of a "looking back" post for 2014 but when I have thought about it, new activity seems to be a theme.  Jack and Kayla joined a summer swim team.  Sam learned to swim and loved jumping into the deep end by the end of the summer.  Lucy felt like a big girl in her life jacket swimming all around the pool.  I took up running with a friend, took a break, then got back into it because I feel better all around when I run or do some kind of exercise.  Brian signed up for a fitness swim class in November and has been at it ever since.
And now we've got basketball for Kayla and Sam.


I know it's blurry but a good action shot is hard to get!

If you've read this blog for a while, you know that sometimes jumping into a new activity has been hard for Sam.  He's done great with his basketball team!  He was nervous the first practice but here's what he said:  "You know how at first you feel like crying, then you just feel nervous, then you're ok?  That's how it was."

No comments: