Friday, January 23, 2015

Showing Some Love


A stomach bug has hit the house.  For over a week now.  It seems to have a long incubation.  That means there have been three big laundry days and three less than ideal-sleeping nights.  Four people down, two to go.  How much longer???  I really do hate stomach bugs.
But.
If there's an upside to a virus like this, I have seen it twice.  Only took a picture once.
Jack was the first victim and the other kids made him a box with crackers, Sierra Mist, apple sauce, and cards.
Kayla is the latest to go down, and Jack made her this little tray this morning.
I love that.
Because let's be honest- these guys aren't always full of kindness towards each other.  They squabble and annoy sometimes.  That's why it's so very nice to see that they in fact do care for each other and can show some love.
I'd be fine if it didn't take a stomach bug to prove it, though!

3 comments:

melissa said...

And Monopoly money! So sorry though. Stomach viruses are truly the worst.

podso said...

My guess is they caught their sweetness factor from the model of their parents. Hope you are all well soon.

Patricia said...

so sorry, Danielle! Stomach bugs are super yucky! hope you guys get better soon!!