Friday, January 10, 2014

Shadow Memories

I noticed my friend Podso's blog this morning was devoted to shadow pictures.  I immediately thought of two shadow pictures that are favorites of mine.  I took a look at the "host" blog and loved the idea.  Shadows make such interesting pictures!
I remember this discovery so well-
 100_1150 
the day Sammy found his shadow.
100_1152
And played.

I had fun photographing "us" reading on the beach one year.

Joining Donna's Photo Challenge Today!

16 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Sammy and his shadow...how precious is that! Love your beach photo shadow, too. What fun! These are perfect for the challenge! Happy weekend!

podso said...

Lots of energy in those two of Sammy as he plays with his shadow. I'm glad you joined in with your good examples.

Jeanne said...

This is so sweet and Preciuos! The beach photo will be a special memory for all the shadows in it. Welcome to the photo challenge.

Cristal @ Dapple Design said...

Hi, I'm visiting from the Photo Challenge. Those pictures of Sammy and his shadow are priceless. My little one found her shadow this fall, but it was something of a traumatic experience for her. Oh well.

Loving Whatcha Got said...

That is so funny. How sweet! Great shots! Keepers for sure.

EG CameraGirl said...

The photos of Sammy and hs shadow are PRICELESS! Definitely keepers!

Donna said...

Your photos of Sammy are a hoot! How funny to remember back to a time in our own lives how we discover amusing things as simple as our shadows. Those are just darling. And the shadow shot at the beach is a terrific twist on a self-portrait! Selfies CAN be artistic!

Thank you so much for jumping in for the photo challenge! I hope you will consider joining us again and again. The participants are quite creative and very supportive.

Vee said...

The photos of your little boy playing with his shadow are so sweet. I thought of Cristal's little girl having the opposite reaction and I see that she has told you about that. Cool photo of the readers on the beach, too.

Pamela Gordon said...

Aw, these are really sweet shadow photos. Children discovering their shadow is quite an event! I like the beach one as well. Thanks for visiting me too. Pamela

Shane Pollard said...

It's so magical when children meet their shadow as Sammy did!
Gorgeous photos and the beach one too.
So good you could join us Danielle - everyone's photos are interesting and different - just like we are!
Welcome!
Shane

Brenda said...

Sammy finding his shadow is magical!

Lorrie said...

So glad you were there to capture Sammy's discovery of his shadow. What fun!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

That is precious with your little Sammy discovering his shadow.

Nancy Vance said...

So glad you had your camera handy to capture Sammy's discovery! The memories photos preserve are priceless.

Jeanette said...

What a sweet moment! That's what photographs are all about. I just joined the challenge and am looking forward to what lies ahead for us all. I'll keep checking back!

Donna said...

I also remember finding MY shadow!Hahaaa...I danced just like Sammy!
FUN shots!! Thanks for the memory!
hughugs