Just a few of my fun favorites from 2013 are...

My friends and family were super kind to me for my 40th birthday.
I really love this picture- my feet are the big brown ones and Sarah's (my s-i-l) are the pretty little white ones. She took me for my first pedicure.
What a truly special day we had.

Best purchase: Another "castle cup" and two castle bowls. I happened to see these on a clearance shelf at a discount store...so excited! My castle cup always, always reminds me of our time in Charlotte and some ladies who welcomed me into their book club to discuss I Capture the Castle.
(These bowls are great for ice cream!)


This travel size lotion was the hotel offered in Florida when we went to a church planting conference. Every time I use it I am quickly reminded of our time there with friends (a surprise!) and of the things I learned there. I bought myself a bigger bottle for when I could use some "encouragement."
*Favorite addition to my kitchen, besides homemade bread and chicken/black bean/sweet potato chili, is a recipe from my friend Julie's blog. Homemade taco seasoning. Easy, delicious, and free of unnecessary chemicals like MSG.
Taco Seasoning
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 tsp each of garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1tsp pepper
Mix it and use it.
We tripled the recipe and stored it in a jar.
*And some favorite books. Can't let a year go by without mentioning those.
The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey I read this at the beach so not only is it a great story but it also reminds me of a great week with my family.
Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman
Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss I've read this many times and each time, it grips me in a new way. So good for my heart. If you haven't read it, put it on your list this year.


2 comments:
Ah, there's the pics!
I used to wonder what all the fuss was about pedicures, until I had my first one this year too! It was weird, I craved another like an addiction to a drug. It is so amazing to feel good down to your toes. Makes me think about Jesus's feet being washed in oil and tears. I'm glad you enjoyed it too! Happy 2014!
Post a Comment