And we are really hoping for a significant snow tomorrow. Really.
Sam just wants to try out his new snowboard. Everyone else wants to sled.
And of course try to get out of doing any school work. (That's not happening.)
Hot chocolate and playing outside? Absolutely!
Now on to the big event of this past weekend: Brian turned 40. He's taking it well.
We went to Red Lobster with his parents for dinner and had apple pie for dessert at home. Sammy prayed on Sunday: "Thanks that Daddy had a good birthday and help him get used to his old age." Haha! I still laugh out loud about that one!
A lot of you don't know Brian.
He's my rock star.
The cheese on my macaroni.
The sugar in my tea.
He's also a somewhat quiet kind of guy. And I am learning that he is always, always, thinking. How do I know this? Because of things he shares in his sermons, for one thing. He'll have some example and I'll be thinking to myself, "Well that's news to me!"
Like how he wanders through the religion section at the book store just to see what people are buying.
Or how one guy's comment on his own personal goal in seminary stuck with him.
I actually like that.
I like that there are still things to learn about him.
And things that make me go "Hmmm..."

I don't know how we only ended up with two birthday pictures! But these are good.



1 comment:
A big birthday for sure. I always thought of 40 as a sort of major one -- half way or something. But he doesn't look any older --- but the kids do! Just found their bike pics and they look so young! Will have to send them.
Post a Comment