Thursday, January 9, 2014

Love this Book!

The relaxed pace of life we knew at the end of last week hung around here and there until yesterday.  Seems like we are back in the swing of things fully now.  I know routine is good and even necessary but sometimes...sometimes...I really like to just sit and read a book or play a game and not feel like I "should" be doing something else. 
Need to work on that.
In other news, a friend shared a book with us that was a childhood favorite of hers and is now our morning read-aloud.  I am so very glad she did.  It's quickly becoming a favorite of mine, too.  Tales of the Kingdom by David and Karen Mains.
Tales of the Kingdom (Kingdom Tales, Book 1): David Mains, Karen Mains
Think Pilgrim's Progress.  Allegorical  The kids and I have had some rich discussions about how we are valued by God, about His character, the now and the not yet, and the beauty of the gospel.   Good luck finding it, though.  I have seen some used copies online and they get snatched up pretty fast.  I'll keep looking.  It's worth it.

"She discovered that the Kingdom was for outcasts, and one must become an outcast in order to follow the King"

"And the boy learned that a kingdom is a place where it is not enough to say the King's name.  One must do the King's will in the King's way or lose the Kingdom altogether."

 

1 comment:

podso said...

I need to add that to the list! Thanks for always giving such good recs!