Thursday, November 21, 2013

Getting Stirred Up

"Do you think he'll like a baseball?"
Would you, if you had never had one, ever?
Our baseball lover smiled slightly and said, "Yeah, I would."
I don't know why that got to me.
Maybe it was Sam thinking about a boy somewhere in the world.  A boy who doesn't have much by the world's standards.  A boy who in some ways is very different from Sam and in many more, so much like him.
Maybe it was knowing that my children want for nothing.
Maybe it was the thought hope that Sammy's own heart was being stirred up.
And not just his, but all of ours.
"Help us to get enough money so that we can give it away," one prayed.
"Help the little kids know Jesus," another prayed.
And I just got choked up and listened.
All from putting together a couple of Christmas shoe boxes.

1 comment:

podso said...

A little choked up here too. Thanks for sharing your kids' hearts. All from a shoebox!