Friday, October 4, 2013

Foggy Morning

I have heard it said that the number of fogs we have in August equals the number of snows we will have this winter. ( My Papa believed it so I do, too!)  I've also heard that in general, a foggy fall means a bad winter.  If that's the case, I say get to the grocery store now, friends!
I have loved these darker, foggy mornings.  The house seems cozier and the kids sleep a little later- which means a little more time to enjoy my coffee and the stillness before the busyness of the day kicks into gear.
*I'm into a really good book- a friend recommended The Orchardist to me.  I am slowly reading through it.  Slowly because there is wonderful detail of people and place.
*This week of school has been pretty good.  It's always nice when we get to some projects- I"ll post on one of those soon.
*This is the first week of preschool where Lucy didn't cry when we dropped her off.  She seems to have turned the corner.  I love how she sings all the time now.  So cute.
*This weekend is the church plant's (PPC) first ladies retreat!!  I don't know about everyone else but I am really excited about it.  Our speaker is a long-time friend and treasure.  Pray for us if you think of it!  

1 comment:

podso said...

Your first retreat! How wonderful! I'm sure it's amazing to look back over the past couple of years . . . and see all that God has done.

I'm not sure about our foggy mornings, but I would sure welcome a cold winter and some snow!