Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday Morning

Every once in a while I get a morning like this one.
Jack is gone to a field day of sorts with his CC class.
Kayla is working and reading up in her bed.
Sammy is listening to "Mrs. Piggle Wiggle" on cd (and has been for an hour or so).
Lucy is playing contentedly.
The windows are open with a cool breeze blowing in, and I am taking a deep breath and enjoying it for as long as it lasts.  We'll get to our school work but for now, we wait.

I would say the last week and a half has been one of the more prayerful ones in a while.  Ups and downs.  There is a lot going on around here and in our country, with friends and our church family.  People are hurting and it is heartbreaking.  Other people are waiting, wondering what's next.  I love going back to Isaiah in times like these where God reminds us over and over who He is and who we are (and aren't!).

"Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
'I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.  Who is like me?  Let him proclaim it.  Let him declare and set it before me...Is there a God besides me?  There is no Rock; I know not any."  Isaiah 44:6-8
 and
"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit."  Psalm 34:18

There is hope.


1 comment:

podso said...

Where would we be without that hope. Thankful you've had a good morning. They are needed from time to time when you do what you do!