Thursday, April 4, 2013

That Mantra

I sat on the couch this morning feeling the burden.
My mantra went something like this, and not for this first time:
"We are ruining these kids.  Why can't I be more patient?  I am so selfish.  These kids need better."
You get the idea.
And it was only around 8:00 and so far had been a good morning!
The thing is, there is some truth in my mantra- on my own, I am selfish and impatient.  And more.
But to stay there sucks life and joy right out.  It is condemnation. 
I so easily forget, though, that Romans tells us "There is now therefore NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."
I forget that a few days ago we celebrated that Jesus died and rose again for those sins of selfishness, impatience, anger, etc...  
There is forgiveness and hope, even for the day to day little things that don't always seem so small.
He is making all things new, even this mama and her family.

I read a blog post this afternoon that spoke about just this struggle, where I am today and many days.  It's over here, at Christ in the Chaos.   If you have a minute, check it out.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thomas a Kempis said, “if only your heart were right, then every created thing would be to you a mirror of life and a book of holy teaching.”

It real spoke to me and it seems relevant to your day.