I'm not actually ready with a good post but that's ok for now. I love our Christmas tree. It's beautiful! We cut it down last week, something we haven't done in a long time. Sammy LOVED carrying around a saw. There's a lovely, if faint now, scent of pine in the house.
Our school schedule is abbreviated lately. We've kept up with math and language arts and spent extra time reading aloud. Today we spent time listening to Handel's "Messiah" and learning a little about him and oratorios. We also did a little research on the origins of Christmas trees and found Martin Luther linked to them 500 years ago. We baked and took treats to our favorite librarians yesterday. Afternoons have been spent listening to books on cd- "The Penderwicks," "Ramona the Brave," "Ella Enchanted," "Frindle," and "Freddy and the Ignormous." It is so very nice to see how much they all like listening and I love the quiet it affords me!
Last night Brian and I had a night out given to us by a sweet college girl from church. And someone was sneaky and picked up our check after dinner at Outback. How fun was that??
*Lucy turned 3 on Monday. A birthday post is on its way.*
*Don't miss the meteor shower tonight!*


4 comments:
We LOVE the Penderwicks!! Where do you get your books on tape?
Love,
Jenny
Way to go on the photos...looks like you're using Flickr? So glad you've got the photos up again. And really, Photobucket that I mentioned isn't private, but you can make Flickr as personal as you want.
Well-done! Wish I'd thought of it! :)
And happy birthday to your little Lucy. <3
It's nice you took cookies to your favorite librarians!
Was it a random person who paid for your check? Or do you think someone you knew called and took care of it? I love stuff like that :)
Post a Comment