Friday, December 21, 2012

A Great Blessing

It is cold and windy and even a little white outside.
Perfect in my book.
The kids are all on the couch with popcorn and a Christmas movie.  I have plenty to do around the house- just the normal stuff plus wrap some presents.  For now, I'll sit with the kids and my coffee and the tree- and recount some of what I am thankful for this Christmas.
Last Sunday night we had an advent service at church.  We worshiped together and it was beautiful.
IMG_7348
Can you see the worship team?  We are so blessed.  And of course there is Brian- the pastor (!!!) of this church plant.  I loved that six months ago we were not meeting yet and here we are having our first advent service.  For some reason it was a little surreal.
IMG_7350
A few of the kids even sang.

I count this church plant as one of our greatest blessings this year.  For the church itself.  But also for the people.  Most weeks I leave somewhat overwhelmed and grateful at the many people who serve week in and week out, to set up chairs and the sound system- then take it all down again.   For those who teach Sunday school, who set up and serve in the nursery.  For people who sweep up and empty trash.  For those who stuff bulletins and welcome people in.  For those who plan and lead worship. For those who lead home groups and for those who go to them.  For those who bring food and coffee.  For those who encourage their pastor.  For those who meet during the week.  For every person that comes on Sunday morning.  For our mother church that sacrificed greatly. For the leadership.
 For those who pray.  
For the truth of the gospel that is held out to all every single week.
For Jesus- this is His work and He is faithful to grow us all and change us by His grace.

"To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever.  Amen."
1 Timothy 1:17

1 comment:

podso said...

love seeing a glimpse of your church. Enjoy this cozy day.