A few things:
*I always marvel at how much I love planning and preparing for school and how things rarely go as smoothly as I imagine they will. The best laid plans, right? I need to learn to roll with things a little better.
*Sammy has been sooo...excited to start gymnastics (as have been Kayla and Jack). It seems like Sam is always on his head or doing flips. Well, we had our first class today and it went GrEAt! I wish you could see the smile on Sam's face once he got started- that kid needs a room filled with mats and bars in at home! I had to wonder what was going through Kayla's mind when she got out on the floor; she's been so looking forward to this since the Olympics. I head Jack say, "I thought it would be fun but wow! That was better than fun."
*A few titles in our book piles lately:
for Jack: Danny Dunn Invisible Boy (we'll be getting more of these!)
Hittite Warrior (to go along with history)
Kayla: Betsy- Tacy (we'll also be checking out more of these)
The Littles (there are several books about the Littles- we found 5 this weekend at the
Goodwill bookstore. Score!)
Sammy: train books and more train books! He and Jack set up our train set and he has loved it.
Lucy: Elmo and Amelia Bedilia
Me: I wanted something quaint and cozy so I checked out some more of Miss Read's books. Also,
The Envy of Eve by Melissa Kruger. A very challenging book on coveting.
Brian: Lost Communites of Virginia Fascinating. There was one story of people being baptized in the
winter; they dug a hole in the ice first!
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment