The "niceness" of Sunday has carried over to Monday.
I love to listen to that candle as it burns- adds to the coziness. It's nice and cool out- down to about 40 last night.
I guess we are taking a day off of school today- it really feels like a break! The guys have all taken their annual trek to Hanging Rock Raptor Observatory in West Virginia. This is the peak time to see birds migrating south- one day last week, I think it was Friday, over 1200 birds were recorded in one hour. I'd love for them to see even half that! I can't remember all the types of birds they saw in that count but there were some kestrals and golden eagles. Sammy was so excited. They all packed their backpacks last night. I heard that little guy up at 3:17(!!) getting dressed. He went back to bed and we next heard him putting on his shoes at 5:43. Thankfully he got back in bed until 6:30.
The girls and I spent some time trying to restore some order to the house. Then we headed to the library, where I found out that homeschoolers can check out books for 6 weeks instead of 2! We also hit the Goodwill bookstore and Chik-fil-a. Now it's quiet time around here before Kayla and I do a little school work.
And...did you know McDonald's is offering free coffee this week?
I love the gear: backpacks, hats, sweatshirts, sketch books, bird books, binoculars, camera, and of course snacks. They are such a handsome trio!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Love the candle shot and how you "hear" it. Did the boys have a good time? I'm sure!
Post a Comment