Thursday, September 20, 2012

Amy Hest's "Sam" Books

I'm not sure how I came across the "Sam" books. 
Maybe because we have our own Sam and usually check out books with Sam in the title?
Whatever it was, I think Amy Hest created a loveable character in this little bear, and we've read about him over and over.
  Kiss Good Night is my favorite, (even without Sam in the title!).  It's bedtime on Plum Street and Sam's mama gets him ready in every way but can't remember the last thing he needs, which of course is his kiss good night.  I love giving out kisses to my little ones when we get to the end of this one.
Little Sam is sick in this one and needs to take his medicine but isn't too sure about it.  Haven't we all been there with our own kids?  Mama Bear is such a sweet comfort to her Sam.
Sam and his mom have made cakes together and set out to take them to their neighbors.  When they get home, there are two left for Sam and Mama Bear to enjoy together.  Such a cute story!

Linking Up to Read Aloud Thursdays   

2 comments:

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

We have the last one in our Christmas collection, but I don't think we've read the others. Very sweet!

Alice@Supratentorial said...

These look sweet. I’ll have to check them out!