Coffee in the morning, alone, while the house is still quiet.
Cereal (and plenty of it) in my chair at the table with the newspaper.
A little quiet time (30 minutes or so) in the afternoon, alone, to read or take a power nap.
And then the evening. My favorite. All the kids should be quiet and in their beds.
Then it's time for ice cream on the couch with Brian. I look forward to that ALL day.
When one of these things is "off", I notice I am off. Just a little.
(So tomorrow morning, when there is no coffee and no cereal (which there won't be), there could be reason to wave a warning flag where mom is concerned.)
Understanding a little about myself helps me understand a little more about my kids.
I asked Sammy one day what he was thinking about going to the "new church."
"Well, it's kind of frustrating."
"What's frustrating about it?"
"I don't know where my class is going to be or who my teacher is going to be."
Things are a little "off" for Sam and a whole lot of other kids.
In one way those are little things but in another, they're not. They are big to Sam, and I would guess that the other kids coming along on this venture have their own thoughts and questions.
It's an opportunity for them to see that God provides for them, too. That He answers their prayers and cares about the things that bother them.
So, I am remembering to pray for all these little ones (and not so little ones).
I'm waiting expectantly to see how God provides for them and grows their faith.
11 days


2 comments:
Excellent post. If more folks were attuned to their "off" times, then I think we'd all be more content.
I totally understand and agree. :)
Yes I agree. Sometimes we don't know what the underlying thing is, but know it's there. Eleven days! God is preparing!
Post a Comment