Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Birthday

Jack:  "Mom, how old are you today?"
"38."
Jack:  "Wow Mom.  It won't be long until you're old enough to be a grandma."
Hadn't thought of it that way.
It is my birthday!  Again!  It seems like I just posted about last year's birthday.  We're planning a trip to Claytor Lake Beach today but it's raining right now so we might have to come up with a plan B.  Pizza for dinner and a most delicious chocolate caramel cake.  Seriously.  Chocolate cake with a buttery caramel filling.  Sammy really wants some for breakfast.  I'm tempted.
Hope YOU have a good day!

4 comments:

podso said...

Well you could be a grandma ---easily! I've cared for many babies with grandmas younger than you! But you are also still quite young with lots of energy for your young family! I hope you have a wonderful birthday today! Enjoy the pizza and cake! H u g s !!!

Rebekah said...

hope your birthday is great! :)

Shawn Carpenter said...

Danielle,
I (Laura) have been thinking of you all day!! Hope it is a wonderful birthday! It seems like so long ago that we were all in Charlotte and I was making you triple chocolate caramel cake for your birthday. :)
I pray all is well with you!
Love to you on your birthday & always, my friend!
Laura

melissa said...

It's late in the day, and hope you had a wonderful time, you sweet thing, you. ;)