Kids' rooms clean: check.
Breakfast cleaned up: check.
The best part of it, the kids did it all except for washing the dishes. I love this new chore schedule. They are really doing a great job.
Why is it, then, that there is so much left to do??? Our room is still a little messy. There's been a load of laundry in the dryer for two days and more that needs washing. So many little projects that I really keep meaning to get to. Sigh... I have a hard time not gauging our day based on how the house looks. I know better but still...Don't want to put all that pressure on the kids. I want them to learn responsibility and how to do their chores well but I want them to play and be kids, too!
Anyway, thought I would post some pictures from our trip to Mom and Dad's.
We went to Yorktown with Mom a couple of weeks ago. The boys were impressed by the cannon, of course.
This just makes me laugh. We were at the Nelson House, which was the home of Thomas Nelson, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. It's a little strange to walk around a house that's so old and saw so much.
The thing I loved about all of this is there are pictures of my brother, cousin, and me all dressed in these same clothes when we were little. Well, maybe not the same ones but similar.
Later we went down to Yorktown Beach, on the York River. The water was fine...
Just enjoying the water.


No comments:
Post a Comment