Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake!

Well now THAT was different.
We just had an earthquake.
Yep.
The center was a few hours away but indeed we felt it.  I didn't realize what was happening until it was over and now the kids keep claiming more and more earthquakes are rattling their beds, their toys, etc...  It was just the one episode but I know what the talk of the town will be for a while now.  At least until the hurricane makes landfall this weekend.  Shouldn't bother us much but my parents may see a good bit of it.

I have loved this cooler weather.  It was down to 49 this morning!  It surely hasn't felt like August.  I guess it helps get me into more of a school mindset.  The kids got out this morning and decided it was "freezing!"  Jackets and blankets followed.

2 comments:

podso said...

When I heard where the epi center was I wondered how much you felt it! People claim to have felt it here, but we did not, maybe because we were driving in the car. Hope there are no more ... and now wondering where miss irene is headed!

melissa said...

Yep, had you on my mind/heart today as well, knowing you're in VA. Glad all is well. My goodness, the east coast is getting some excitement with that and the hurricane movin' and groovin'.

Take care of yourselves. :)