I have been waiting for these lilacs to bloom! The other morning was so pleasantly cool and the flowers smelled so good. It was a good way to start the day.
Yesterday was my sweet mom's birthday. I won't tell you how old she is because she would have my head for that. I couldn't get on blogger yesterday for some reason but since it's up and running today, Happy Birthday again, Mom!
Kayla and I have been so excited to plant some flowers. Yesterday we finally got around to it. Planting makes me so happy. We're starting small because we fear the deer will make a feast of our flowers. We'll see.
One quick story. Kayla was looking for a place for her petunias when I heard, "Mom. There's a snake." Just like that. Her voice might have been calm and quiet but she was next to me in a flash. Sure enough, a long black snake was resting in our periwinkle. I took a picture but I'll spare you. So, no flowers there for the time being. That thing slithered down a hole next to our steps. Jack's been watching for it to reappear. We'll see about that, too. (As I'm finishing this, the snake has just reappeared!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That picture has some dark that almost looks like a snake. Bravo to Kayla for remaining so calm. And, I love lilacs and wish I could have them here (too hot I think)....the scent is wonderful. Reminds me of my childhood when I had my very own lilac bush.
Samuel and Jack both came running up to me this morning to tell me the news... they were SO excited!
Post a Comment