Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's cloudy and cool out. The windows are open and there's a slight breeze.  I love it.  For some reason, having the windows open lifts my spirits.  I feel  a little dizzy from all that's going on- or getting ready to go on.  We're starting school next week.  I'm really excited about all our "stuff."  We're trying something new this year- Classical Conversations. It seems to be a rigorous program and good for my own accountability.  I have to say, though, that I'm a little nervous about it.  Not for the kids' sake but mine!
Trying to enjoy these last few days before we get started while trying to finish up a few things around the house.  Now that's a laugh.  Will I EVER be finished with anything around the house?  I doubt it.

Lucy's just about to crawl- not sure how I feel about that.  And she's decided that she loves men.  She will go to any man whether she knows him or not.  But if a woman tries to hold her, she tightens her arms down and holds on tight.  She's so funny. And sweet.





Samuel's had a couple of cute things to say lately.  He was pretending to take my picture yesterday and told me to "Smile happy!"    He also seems to have growing up on the mind.  This morning he asked me "When am I going to grow up Mommy?"  Also, at the beach, "Little boys with big daddies and big brothers can go in the big waves."  I wonder if he's just feeling little lately...

2 comments:

Mary said...

we start classical conversations as well on thursday for Celia. hope it goes well- cycle 2 for us....we shall see! i'm a bit nervous but excited all the same :)
glad to see a window to your world!

podso said...

Your new curriculum sounds very interesting...all the best as you begin another year! Look how long you've been on this journey you started so tentatively! Love all the kid stories of course. Maybe you should show Sam a photo of him as a baby so he can see how far he has come in the growth department!