Monday, November 10, 2008

The Service

I went in with no expectations, really, mostly because I just didn't know what to expect at Brian's ordination service. I knew I would be so proud of him, and I was. It had been a long road up to this day. So much work, studying, life. But the greatest thing I walked away with was deeper awe of our glorious God. Is He not? Is He not a glorious God who uses sinners in a beautiful way to expand his kingdom and bring Himself glory? We who are so unworthy, used in service to Him, to whom all worth is due.
I also left excited. Excited to see what's next. For Brian, for our family, for the church. Excited and with a renewed desire to seek Him in obedience because of who He is. I needed that. What greater pursuit could there be?
Thankfulness filled my heart as well. I thought about this church we are now a part of and was so thankful for it. For its people and vision. Thankful for family that has supported and loved us. Thankful for children who will grow up with this gospel of grace and for a husband who longs to teach it.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Congrats to a great friend...We made it...to God be the glory.
Dave