Monday, November 17, 2008

A Harvest at Home



We've really had a nice, if not delightful even, day. School went well this morning, everyone was kind of in their own rhythm, even Samuel. It flurried off and on, which is always exciting and makes for a great day in itself. The kids and I made chocolate chip cookies- perfect when you are cozy and warm inside. Actually, I guess just Kayla and I baked- Jack changed his mind and asked us to call him when the cookies were done. Samuel had a few new words today-boo, Mimi, mouse, and Papa. Four in one day-he'll talk yet!
Dinner just made me thankful for other people's gardens and efforts at canning. And of course their generosity. Baked apples and green beans-yum!
Jack and I ran out to the grocery for milk tonight-in the snow. He was thrilled to be in his coat and gloves and catching snowflakes on his tongue. He couldn't get over how much it was snowing. Really, it's the pretty kind that doesn't stick. He won't know what to do with himself when we get the first big snow!
It feels like a harvest all the way around today.

No comments: