A song we sung in worship this morning has a line that the Lord used to both convict and encourage me- not that those two things are separate. Really, they should go together. Anyway, the line reads "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord." That stopped me. I thought about it a lot and realized that waiting on the Lord as He has ordained it should produce strength. Not weariness. My weariness is a symptom that something in my own heart is not right. Am I truly waiting on Him-resting in prayer? Or have I let anxiety weigh me down?
How many times have I read Isaiah 40:31? Somehow, this time is different. I can see something I hadn't before.
"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."


1 comment:
I must confess. I often go to your blog and find myself spiritually rejuevenated by your comments. Thank you for ministering to me today. - Stephanie's sister, Amanda Creason
Post a Comment