Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Afternoon

*The guys are back and I am soooo happy!  Having everyone together is the best.
*I'm hoping that Jack will be a guest blogger soon and fill you in on their trip but so far he's not interested.  We'll see.  If he won't, I guess I will.  They got some great pictures.
*Word to the wise- never pick up your hot curling iron by the wrong end.  Ouch!  I did that yesterday- guess who's going with straight hair today?
*There's a chili cook-off tonight so you know what we've been doing all afternoon.  Kayla made our basic ground beef/pinto bean chili.  It's a favorite with (most) of our family.  I made chicken/sweet potato/black bean chili- which is a personal favorite.  I also made some corn bread and she made some brownies, both from scratch.  The house smells good.
*While we were busy in the kitchen, Lucy played and played so quietly.  She was so content.  The boys were outside running around. I think they were glad to be back together.
*Thankful for a calm afternoon and looking forward to some good food and good fellowship.
*Have a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

podso said...

So sweet to read, know you are glad to all be together again.