Friday, August 9, 2013

40

"Lordy, lordy, look who's 40!"
Me! 
Today is a big birthday for me.
I didn't even think about that little saying until my brother and his wife sent me a fun package with that written on it.  Somehow that makes 40 sound even older!!  But it has made me laugh several times!
I wanted to get up early this morning when it was still dark.  Mostly, I think I was hoping for a little (quiet) time to reflect.  And what I keep coming back to is that this most undeserving woman is abundantly blessed.  I don't know that I could ask for better family- husband, kids, parents, in-laws, brother, siblings-in-law, grandparents, cousins, uncle, aunts, etc...  The Lord has seen fit to give me 40 years full of His goodness so far and I am thankful for them.
My cup is full.

3 comments:

podso said...

What a beautiful outlook on a beautiful life by a beautiful woman!

melissa said...

Oh, and you make forty look good! Have a wonderful day, sweet one. :)

Amanda said...

Your cup runneth over. Its a blessing to me to know you!