
I enjoy looking at other people's book lists- what they are going to read, what they read last year. It's fun to see titles I've read, too, and even more fun to find ones I haven't read but now plan to.
It's hard to remember all the books we've been into this year but here are a (very) few favorites from 2012.
Jack: The Mark of Athena Danny Dunn books, Hardy Boys, The Bronze Bow
Kayla: Understood Betsy, Meet Caroline, Nancy Drew, The Littles, Betsy-Tacy books
Sammy: Billy and Blaze books, Earl the Squirrel, My Father's Dragon, The Story of Ping, Charlotte's Web
Lucy: Earl the Squirrel, A Sick Day for Amos McGee, Richard Scarry Books, The Little Fir Tree
For me:
Window Poems by Wendell Berry
A Place in Time by Wendell Berry (which was added to my WB collection this Christmas!)
Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert by Rosaria Butterfield (an excellent non-fiction read)
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
The Hobbit by Tolkien
The Envy of Eve by Melissa Kruger (another great non-fiction read)
I'll have to ask Brian for some of his- I know he's read some good ones.
It bugs me that I can't remember more but there's a taste.


1 comment:
Will have to look up that sweetness at the bottom of the pie..the title is intriguing.
Post a Comment