Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1

photo.JPG
Happy 2013 to you!
We have spent this first day of a new year putting away Christmas decorations.  As much as I dislike  the process, I am always glad to have it all out of the way.  I'm kinda ready to move on!
I never make New Year's resolutions. I'd forget them by tomorrow anyway.  One thing I hope to do is keep a running record of all the books we read this year- either aloud or on our own.  We'll see how far we get with that.
I got a lovely bird feeder for Christmas that hangs off the back deck now.  Lucy was watching it this morning and said, "Hey Mom- those birds are playing ring around the rosey by the bird feeder."  Cute.
Also this morning, from another room, I heard Kayla helping Sammy learn Psalm 121 verse by verse.  He hung in there for a while, then was done. That was a nice thing to hear in the new year.

No comments: