There's something about leaving Orlando- 75 degrees, blue skies, palm trees, green grass- and landing in Richmond the same day on a snow-covered runway. A little bit of a shock to the system!
We've been at a church planting conference all week. It was good stuff and I think the timing was perfect. I'd love to share all we learned but that's just about impossible. So much to process and think about. I will say this:
*I LOVED the surprise of seeing my friend Jessie and her husband in the middle of the 300 people at this conference.
*Talking with her by the pool in the afternoon was a highlight.
*Breakfast, lunch, and dinner out with Brian- that's a good deal!
*I love women and women's training sessions.
*Getting to worship with all those 300 people from 30 denominations was a gift.
*Having someone clean your bathroom and make your bed every morning is awesome.
*Having "free" coffee available all day is equally awesome.
*I really like flying.
*Do so many people really need to be staring at their phones ALL the time?
*I think everyone should be able to take a break in the winter and go somewhere warm.
*I am so thankful to my parents for keeping the kids all week.
*There's no place like home. But you wouldn't have to work too hard to convince me to go back to Florida for another visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
you deserved that break! Glad you had a good time,
Totally agree on going somewhere warm in the winter. Anytime you want to go, I am free :)
Post a Comment