Lovely.
There are enough clouds in the sky to keep it somewhat "cool" for summer and with a nice breeze, it was really nice outside. Still reading The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. It's a light, fun read. There are at least a few of you I can think of who would enjoy it. I even closed my eyes for a while then went back to reading. I've given up on trying to get a little nap in the afternoon- one doesn't seem to be in the cards. There are worse things, huh?
Friday night we had our milkshakes and popcorn and watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. Who knew the kids would enjoy that so much? It was fun to see the references to English literature.
Green beans are growing like crazy in the garden. They seem to be our most successful "crop." So I've planted two more times, staggering by a couple of weeks. We've been flash freezing them. Should be good this winter.
Snapping beans is best done with someone else. Friday Jack helped. Seemed like a good time to talk. We mostly talked about his thoughts on the church plant. I've had similar conversations with Sammy and Kayla. Can't forget that these guys are leaving their church, too.
These little guys still grab our attention.
They've been taking a break on one of the plant hangers.
Seems funny to see a hummingbird resting out there.


1 comment:
You sound so rested. Glad of that since so much is afoot in your life.
Take care, sweet one.
Post a Comment