Tuesday, July 24, 2012

13 Years

There's a lot of excitement around here today.
Much like there was 13 years ago.
Our kids are excited that it's our anniversary.
So am I...
for what has been, what is, and what will be.
I've thought a lot about our grandparents lately and about marriages that have lasted well into 60 years.
I don't pretend to know all that went into their marriages, both good times and difficult ones, but I am struck that what they all did was build a life together.
Building, working, loving, raising families.
I'm sure there were unexpected turns and yet they stuck it out.  They were committed to each other and that life they lived together.
I'm thankful that we have such a heritage of long marriages.
I am thankful for my husband and this life we have with each other.
Looking forward to many more years with my groom.
Happy Anniversary!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy 13th Anniversary to you both! I love the wedding picture. I hope you have many more years to celebrate!

Rebekah said...

Happy anniversary!! Hope today is a special time for you all. :)

Patricia said...

happy anniversary!

melissa said...

What a wonderful photo, and you certainly were a beautiful bride. Great dress!

Many hearty congratulations to you both...and the kids. Sweet that they're excited. :)

podso said...

you were such a pretty bride! I bet Kayla especially loves this pic!

And your capture the castle book ! woo hoo! I think I told you I read it again on my reader when I was sick last month (borrowed from a library somewhere in cyberspace) and it was a scanned copy of the edition you bought.
it was fun to read it again.