Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday Afternoon

I am having a good Sunday.
Church was great.  It's Reformation Sunday so our service was just a little different.  Love remembering some of the church's heritage.
Just had a nice long nap (!) and it's still quiet around here so maybe I'll get to read a little.  I just finished reading Hanna Coulter again.   I don't think I will ever get tired of reading that book.  I love it more every time.  Now I'm starting one called These is My Words.  I believe it's a work of fiction based on the author's family memoirs.
The kids and I are still reading through Carry On Mr. Bowditch.  This one I love as well.  I'm sure I must have read it when I was in school but I don't remember it.  It has made me cry a few times and get so excited about learning at other times.  Read it.
Kayla's reading More Stories from Grandma's Attic.  I wish I could find more of those.
Jack's into all the Thornton Burgess animal stories.  There are many.  The one I see now is The Adventures of Prickly Porky.  The librarian was so glad he checked several of those out because they are in danger of being taken off the shelves for good.  That is sad.  With so much junk out there for kids to read, they would consider getting rid of some good classic literature.  We'll just keep checking these books out- maybe it will help rescue them!

Now, because I don't want to forget this and because it might make you laugh out loud:
On the way to church this morning Samuel asked, "Mom, what's that white stuff coming out of the cars?"
"Exhaust."
"Sauce?"
"No, ex-haust."
"Ohhh...egg sauce."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right.. that quote from Sammy did make me laugh!:)