The kids and I went to the pumpkin patch yesterday. Actually, it was called the Sinkland Farms Fall Festival. There was a pumpkin patch, plus a whole lot more.
It was really a perfect fall day. The sun was warm but the breeze was cool.
It quickly becomes apparent at places like this that for parents, it's mostly about the pictures. Everyone's taking pictures. I was no exception. I tried to limit myself, though. It's no good to have the pictures but not have really enjoyed the time there. Here's some of what I did get:
Kayla has decided she loves horses. We made several visits to this one.
Jack was the only one interested in feeding the goats. The baby one was ok; the mama was a little more aggressive.
Sam rode a horse! Honestly, I didn't think he would do it once it was our turn but he did. He said it wasn't scary but the horse was "a little bit shaky."
Go Sammy!
We did eventually make it out to the pumpkin patch.
This one, maybe?
Sam thought the best part was showing how strong he was, then throwing or rolling the pumpkins down the hill. Sadly for him I had to put a quick stop to his fun.
He went on to finding pumpkins that he thought Lucy could hold.
I think Lucy enjoyed her first trip to the pumpkin patch.
On the way home she said, "I wuv animals."
Good stuff.


1 comment:
No wonder Sam looked so serious! We were just talking about such things --- it's almost more for the photos --- sometimes --- and then you can go home. I am more and more mindful of wanting to experience, not to document so much (tho as a blogger .... ) :-)
Of course when our kids were little each picture COST money so there weren't so many, nor were they as good as they are now with the option of 12 snaps of the same view to get a good one.
Post a Comment