I stepped outside and the air was heavy and thick.
It felt like I took a step back into the summers of my teen years.
The coastal Virginia weather was (and is) always hazy, hot, and humid.
It took no more than the next thought to remind me of all the times Crystal (my cousin) and I ran in and out of the house to fix our flat hair. We'd wash and curl and spray only to go outside and say, "My hair's gone flat. Again." I loved having her there with us all summer. Or for at least part of it. And as much as we complained about our flat hair, we had fun fixing it back up again. I don't know why thinking about that makes me smile but it does. We were a mess! How did my brother put up with the two of us??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hahaha...teenage girls and their hair :)I still blush when I see pictures of me with my "peacock" bangs...I'm pretty sure I kept Rave hairspray in business back then!
Danielle - I laughed when I read this post! So funny - we were crazy about our hair back then! Summers were so much fun at your house and I'll always remember going to the grocery store for your mom and we'd buy all kinds of junk food (and we still didn't gain a pound!). Great memories :) Love ya Cuz!
I haven't thought of that word in a long time-flat as related to hair, but that's the word we used (and that was long before you were using it.) Humidity always uncurled my curled straight hair.
Post a Comment