Sunday, June 5, 2011

Beach Week in Duck

Her big brother brought her to me after her nap.  Jack loves to get her when she wakes up.  She sat with me outside, her head on my shoulder, trying to wake up.  The wind was warm and salty, mixed with the Johnson's & Johnson's I'd used to rinse the sand out of her hair.  I was reading The Help, again.   I'm not sure what everyone else was up to at that point but it was vacation so I think they were enjoying themselves.
This year we went to Duck on the Outer Banks.  The OBX- one of our favorite places.  We honeymooned there.  I have to say though, as much as we enjoyed it, our week wasn't quite the same as past year when we've gone to Emerald Isle with my family.  Maybe next year?  I have many pictures to post but no camera chord to upload with so that will have to wait.  Some highlights for us:  the beach in the mornings, Jockey's Ridge (sand dunes) in the evenings, hermit crabs- four of them- first pets as I am not an animal person at all mostly due to allergies, Duck Donuts, ice cream every night, climbing the Currituck Lighthouse at Corolla, flying kites, beautiful weather, and probably other things I'm forgetting.
Vacation is always nice but getting back to regular life is good, too.
It's a good thing, huh?

1 comment:

podso said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. i remember our kids with the hermit crabs. You and S. were at the beach the same week--"missed" you both (as you do in the blog world).