Friday, February 5, 2010

Slowing Down

It is pouring the snow- again.  From the inside, it is beautiful.  I love to watch it fall.  I love how it so quickly changes everything.  We weren't planning on going out much today, and yet I feel freedom to be home, to slow things down a bit.  We finished some math this morning and a spelling test and are now finding time for other projects, books, an extra cup of coffee.  Interesting how it takes something from the outside to slow me down inside.  I'm reminded of a study some women did this summer on trusting God in all things, even in the weather. 
"For to the snow he says, 'Fall on the earth,' likewise to the downpour, his mighty downpour." Job 37:6
This icy picture was from the last snowstorm, after most of the snow had melted but the pond was still frozen.

I noticed Sam hasn't had much face time on the blog lately so here he is in all his "boyness."  He's really something.
 
And his sweet side...

One more of Lucy.  She's getting so big and sweet.  Jack said he just loves having a baby around.  Kayla says she does too but she's surprised how much they can cry.  Lucy can make a good bit of noise!








1 comment:

melissa said...

The next to last photo of your Lucy smiling is priceless. Such sweetness.

Hey, enjoy your weekend. SLOW down, 'kay? :) Notice in your photos how quickly your babies are growing. Whizzes past, doesn't it?

Enjoy!