Monday, February 8, 2010

Something Special


 
"Mom, what can you and me do special?"
"Hmmm...what did you have in mind?"
"Maybe a beauty shop?"
And so she runs to our room and finds my cosmetic bag.  Organizes everything she thinks we'll need.  The little ones are sleeping and so our beauty shop begins.  We make small talk as if we didn't know each other and soon, she's looking quite spiffy, like a puppy of all things!


It seems like so many little girls love to get into their mother's makeup.  I remember one time my mom putting some of her lipstick on me as we were getting ready to go out, to keep my lips from getting chapped.  What a treat that was.  I had this wonderful white powder table growing up that I kept all of my girly things in.  I caught a whiff of my make up bag yesterday and it immediately reminded me of my table.  I probably spent hours in front of that little mirror, primping and dreaming.  It's fun to play with Kayla now, letting her enjoy mommy's things and all the while teaching her that she's at her most beautiful in the Lord who made her.

1 comment:

podso said...

Though I love all your posts, this may be the sweetest yet! Prov. 31:30