We kept it small with three little girls from church. It was the calmest party I have ever been to or hosted. Girls...
We had flower and heart shaped sandwiches, fruit on fancy toothpicks, and pink kool-aid in cups that Kayla decorated with stickers.
Since her birthday is actually tomorrow, this will be a birthday weekend really. If you remember from an earlier post, we usually let the kids choose some special sweet cereal for their birthdays. This year, Kayla chose poptarts. I'm not sure if she's ever had one before but they were pink and princessy so they caught her eye. We'll see what she thinks tomorrow morning!
I love my children's birthdays. I love remembering when they were born and all the activity surrounding that day. Kayla was born on a Sunday afternoon, the day after we took a trip to the pumpkin patch with Jack. Papa and Grandpa were in charge of him until Kayla was born. Granny and Mimi were already at the hospital, waiting. Dad brought Krispy Kremes for me when they brought Jack to the hospital. The first thing big brother did was lay his best buddy, Bear, beside Kayla and give her a kiss. Could it really have been five years ago? Sweet memories, indeed. And a sweet little girl. Happy Birthday Kayla!


3 comments:
I feel like I was there! It's all so pretty! And pink! Happy Birthday again, Kayla!
What a sweet party, Danielle! I can't believe she is 5 either. We celebrated Campbell's birthday on the 1st! 5 is such a big birthday! It is so good to see a picture of you as well! It makes me miss you so much! I'll have to email you soon and fill you in on our lives and here more about yours!
Happy Birthday, Kayla! We look forward to being around for birthday #6. But, we are thinking of you all across the miles.
Poptarts! If she decides that she wants more poptarts, she can always come over to our house--Doug always keeps them handy. I think they were a staple in his bachelor days. It's good that I'm here to change some of his destructible habits!
Post a Comment