Monday, July 21, 2008

photo by Brian

Have found another good book through the Charlotte book club girls. "The Quotidian Mysteries: Laundry, Liturgy and 'Women's Work' ." I am working my way through it, trying to figure it out.

"Worship grounds me again in the real world of God's creation, dislodging me from whatever world I have imagined for myself. I have come to believe that when we despair of praise, when the wonder of creation and our place in it are lost to us, it's often because we've lost sight of our true role as creatures-we have tried to do too much, pretending to be in such control of things that we are indispensable." Kathleen Norris (emphasis mine)

2 comments:

podso said...

you look settled! Wish you were here to discuss the book!

Bonnie said...

You will have to join us
long distance. Maybe even a phone
call in on our next book in the
Fall! Keep reading. Treasures
go deep from Kathleen!

Bonnie