One is a pretty, bright green with a little red underneath. Jack has informed me that it's a ruby-throated hummingbird. It seems to be kind of sweet, actually. And it lingers-what is lingering for a hummingbird? Maybe 15-20 seconds. Enjoying the sweet water. Until, the not-so-sweet second hummingbird chases it off. If there are bullies in the hummingbird world, then this one's it! Do you know how hard it is to get a good picture of one of these birds? I have waited, ready with camera up, finger on the button. About the time Jack yells "Humming!" my hand moves or someone desperately needs my attention. So, no picture for now.
In other news, Kayla has been telling me about her kids. She says she has 20 of them, 18 of whom are adopted. I hear all about the food she cooks for them, the cakes they get for their birthdays. Well, I asked her about them today. She said she sat them all, except for three, out in the yard with a sign next to them that said as long as you put money in the can you could have one to keep! But- they were "not free of course."
Wow. I have to wonder where THAT came from!


1 comment:
What an imagination! I'd love to be one of her kids, but not for sale! We'll see if we can catch a humming bird photo at our new feeder, probably not. I sometimes think they are big bugs flying by...
Post a Comment