Well, here we are in Blacksburg. And happy to be here. This has been a relatively easy move. We have had such a warm welcome. It's so nice to be closer to our families and to have a wonderful church family to start out with. God is good.
We've been here just under two weeks and have had some fun adventures already. We spend a lot of time at the duck pond, a very short walking distance away. We've been to the library several times and have walked the Huckleberry Trail-fun!
Today we decided to take a picnic lunch to the duck pond. The ducks-geese really- are some of Samuel's favorite new friends. He gets very excited when he sees them, particularly the two white ones that are always together. Kayla and Jack think they may be husband and wife, like the ones in the book "Make Way for Ducklings."
I was marveling at how Samuel never stepped in any of the goose poop that is all over the walkway. Then, I turned around in time to see him smearing his hand in some of the freshest. OHHH GRROOSSSS!!!!!!!!! We got that cleaned up and continued walking around the pond, deciding we should go retrieve Kayla's new Hello Kitty sandwich container and her backpack from the gazebo, which is now called the clubhouse. Jack was slightly ahead of us on his bike when I saw him jump off and race towards the clubhouse, hollering as he ran. Turns out, a squirrel had started off with the Hello Kitty sandwich container and Jack stopped him just in time. "Mom, what would we have done if I hadn't gotten there in time?" Kayla was very grateful.




1 comment:
Those are great stories from every day living - they certainly made us laugh tonight! :o) I can picture them happening too, which is even better! We miss you all and will talk to you soon.
Post a Comment