Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summer is here!

Oh my. Summer is here. Kayla and I stepped out this morning and already the air was thick, heavy, and very warm. It reminded me a little of when we first moved to Charlotte. Late July, 2005. Hot, hot, hot. And these downpours every afternoon sometime between 2 and 4. The sun would be shining and all of the sudden it was pouring. Then, the sun would come back out and make things so steamy.
I didn't realize how much we have enjoyed this spring with low humidity and comfortably warm days. We've spent so much time outside-riding bikes, exploring the yard, capturing roly-polys, going to the park, blowing bubbles. I love these days. Knowing they are numbered makes my heart ache a little. Numbered because children grow up too fast. Numbered because the moving date quickly approaches. Even so, we are looking forward to this new chapter. And to cooler weather!!





No comments: