Saturday, May 3, 2014

Walk For Life

photo(89)
Our local Pregnancy Resource Center had its annual Walk for Life this morning.  The weather was perfect!  There was a great crowd.  This year Providence Pres had our own team of walkers. 
 photo(91)
Here's part of the team.  Notice Lucy got a ride.  She said the best part of the walk was "Riding on the shoulders and touching the leaves."  Mr. Holland was a trooper to carry her around so much.  And this pretty lady in the picture is Lindsey. She works for the PRC now but I remember her when she was about five!!
photo(90)
Kayla and I both raised money this year.  We had a lot of fun watching God bring in donation after donation from family and friends.  
photo(92)
Kayla was the second place walker out of everyone who got sponsors.  She was able to help raise $775!  Go Kayla!  I am so proud of her for wanting to walk but also for keeping a pretty level head about her ranking.  What I really hope for her is that this is just the beginning of developing a compassionate heart, not only for the unborn but for all that God loves. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yay! What a victory, praise the Lord! I'm so glad it went well. Good work.