Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thursday Afternoon

*On Monday, Sammy sneezed 59 times.  His count. not mine,but  I think he was pretty close.
On Tuesday he didn't even have a sniffle.  Strange.
*On Friday (I think), the power company guys were working in front of our house.  Lucy opened the front door and yelled, "Hey Mister!!  Get out of our driveway!!!"  Wow.  All the kids cracked up while I tried my best to get to her before she yelled anything else at the unsuspecting workers.
*Today we did some "domestic science" and cleaned up the basement after math.  It was really bad.  Terrible.  It's amazing how much work you can get out of kids when you offer cleaning the basement or doing more school work.  I feel better just knowing we can walk down there without hurting ourselves now. 
I would like to blame all the mess on all the kids but today while we were in Essentials class, I remembered my locker in high school.  Things usually fell out when I opened it.  I also remember my notebooks being stuffed with papers and my elementary school desk being full of trash.  And yes, I remember those kids whose desks were NOT garbage cans.  So...maybe the apples didn't fall far from this tree?  LOL.
If neatness comes easily to you, be thankful!

photo(81)
Our "selfie" taken yesterday when it was warm and sunny and I didn't care one bit about cleaning the house! 

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Love your selfie! In middle school, I left my home-ex cooking project in my locker after class. It was a tiny pizza made with an english muffin. I left it in there until it started to smell. Embarrassed at the prospect of having to throw it away, I just stopped going to my locker altogether. Then, magically one day, it was all cleaned out! I'd forgotten until now!

Glad your basement is clean!

Patricia said...

Awesome, you guys look great! Love selfie =)

melissa said...

I too am a pig pen. Thanks for your admission. I feel better now. ;)