Saturday, April 5, 2014

Casting and Baseball

Sam got a fishing pole for his birthday.  In this nice weather he's been out practicing his casting.  Wednesday it seemed like he flung that pole for hours.
 photo(83)
As the day wore on, the same day of his first baseball practice, I could tell something was bothering him.
"Mom, I'm nervous about tonight."
He put his head on my shoulder and was quiet.
And then, you know it was one of those perfect moments.  Like it was set-up.  Perfectly.
"Hey Sam.  What have you been out doing all afternoon?"
"Casting."
"Yes!  And do you know God mentions casting in the Bible?  In 1 Peter he says, 'Cast your cares on Him, because He cares for you."
 photo(84)
We talked for just a few minutes about that then he said, "Will you pray for me?"
So I did.
I'd love to say baseball went great that night.  It didn't.  It was hard to get out on the field.  But I'm hoping that the next time he practices his casting, he'll remember that verse.
That maybe, as he swings out that pole, he might remember to cast his worry with it.  A little bit at a time.
Thankful for him and the opportunity.
photo(82)


1 comment:

podso said...

What a good mom who caught such a teachable moment.