Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wednesday Evening

That roast, potatoes, and carrots that cooked in the crock-pot all day was a perfect dinner on this wet, rainy day.  What a wet spring and summer it's been.  I have sent the kids out when the rain stopped just to get some energy out. Sam and Lucy headed out in the rain some, too.  The Lord sure is watering the earth!
I have spent the day hitting some hotspots in the house- places where things have piled up- which for me can mean any surface.  Today was the top of the frig and a shelf that was kind of tucked in a corner but was such an eyesore!  I can feel myself relaxing a bit as the piles get taken care of.  There are plenty more, and don't even ask me about the basement or garage. But little by little...
I have several books I'm reading on, or at least am waiting to read.  Not gonna hide it- I am flying through The Duck Commander Family by Willie and Korie Robertson of "Duck Dynasty."  It's a fast read and so interesting to learn about their family.  They give testimony to the Lord and that's always encouraging.
Up next will either be East of Eden by Steinbeck or The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman. 

Last night Kayla was joking around at dinner and said, "Let's talk about politics."  Lucy smiled and say, "OK.  Once upon a time, Polly Ticks..."  Everyone got a good laugh though I don't think she was quite sure why!

No comments: