Number one. I just finished The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman. Wow. Just wow. I am amazed at what kind of mind wove that story. It was heart-wrenching. So telling at how we can convince ourselves that we are doing a good and right thing, all the while breaking someone's heart. A gripping story of grief, hope,deceit, forgiveness, longing, and relationship.
Number two. I have a recurring dream when I am stressed out or worrying about something.
It came back last night.
There are two versions, both involve me and college. In last night's scenario, school starts tomorrow and I have no idea what my schedule is or where an office is or where my classrooms are. And there is no one to help even though the campus is crawling with people.
The other scenario is that it's the end of the semester and I have missed a class for the entire semester and am now in a panic. How will I take the exam or write a final paper in two hours or walk in the classroom I haven't been in once? How will I explain the big, fat F?
Aaahhh.
I am always so glad to wake up!
The funny thing about these dreams is that once, a few years ago, I told my dad about them.
His jaw was about on the floor.
He has a very similar recurring dream himself.
Who would have thought?
Sunday, July 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I have the same recurring dream when I am stressed but it is always at the mid-term. I can't find the room, have never attended a single class, must take an exam. Very interesting. Sometimes I am also blind, because my brain apparently needs EVEN MORE DRAMA.
I have this dream where I'm about to graduate but have one more class that I need... and Joel and I are married but we have nowhere to live. I don't know if the kids are here yet? I think they are. I'm always glad when I realize that we do have a house and a place to live :) I probably dream this once a month.
Post a Comment