My kids have red, rosy cheeks. They said they had better get outside while they still can.
There is homemade applesauce simmering on the stove.
The deck has been emptied of flower pots and bird feeders.
I have bagged ice and Brian has shopped for food and batteries (along with everyone else in town).
Will our pumpkins and pretty fall leaves be covered with that 3-5 inches of snow I just heard about? Or will those leaves just get blown all over the drenched neighborhood?
What will be, will be.
For now, there is a quiet, cloudy stillness outside.
And we wait.
What's the forecast where you are?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
MMMMMM I love it! We are waiting here too, we are right on the line. The next county over from us is under a "blizzard watch" but we are just expecting rain and wind. Isn't it nice to have a reason to hunker down?
It sure is windy here! And getting colder. We are "watching the storm" on TV. Be safe !
Post a Comment