But.
There is school to plug away at so we will in a few more minutes.
First I need to backtrack a little in my blog/family journal for Kayla's birthday.
Our girl turned 9 on Friday and we took a little trip, complete with birthday money from family.
She really enjoys her American Girl dolls so my mom and I took her to the A.G. store near Washington, DC. Jack and Brian stayed home and had their own fun. Sammy and Lucy stayed with Papa and went to the pumpkin patch, among other things.
First stop- Starbucks for coffee and hot chocolate.
Next stop, American Girl Store!
Kayla had fun spending her birthday money after looking around, and looking around somemore.
I was so proud of her- she had plenty to spend but chose not to spend it all there. I think she made some good choices.
We had "tea" after we shopped.
Mimi made one of her famous homemade cakes.
Enjoying birthday cake.
Our trip was lots of fun but I think my favorite thing about this birthday was what I saw between Kayla and Jack. He didn't come with us so she didn't see him or daddy on her birthday. Several times during the trip Kayla commented how she couldn't wait to see Jack. She also saved her "birthday cereal" for Sunday, when we would be home and could have it with everyone. And, Jack made her (second) birthday cake. He did a really good job, and she loved it.
I hope those two along with Sammy and Lucy are always good friends.
Happy Birthday Kayla!


2 comments:
AWW! Happy Birthday, Kayla! :) That sounds like a fun birthday!
Love this! And can't believe how quickly she is growing up. Happy Birthday Kayla!
Post a Comment