Friday, July 30, 2010

One Tomato

Well, we are about to harvest
exactly one third
of our tomato crop.
I don't know what happened.  Several people suggested maybe bad soil.  Or I just don't know how to container garden.  Anything's possible I guess.  The summer after I graduated from JMU I grew some beautiful tomatoes at my parents' house.  Could it be I had a little more time on my hands?  Or that now the ol' green thumb is turning brown?  
We're hoping to put in a garden next spring.  Hopefully we'll get a little more from it!


2 comments:

podso said...

Our container tomato plants are not doing too well either, and producing miniature tomatoes. We wonder if we need huge pots to do produce larger tomatoes, but it looks like you have a big one here! Our regular garden has become too shady!

The Wild, Wild Westerners said...

Oh, this made me laugh--we had the same issue. We cut up each of our 3 baby tomatoes into 4 pieces to share our "harvest" together.